Anyone from the US going to Khao Lak / Similans??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquamarin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey there..........have a bit of a personal favor to ask........

The season's been rough so far, and I'm running out of Excedrin Migraine :shocked2: Unfortunately, they are only for sale in the States and I really want to avoid going back to the heavy-duty prescription stuff (side effects).

SOOOO, big big favor: if anyone is coming from the States to Khao Lak or on a Similan live-aboard (especially easy if it's Colona, Mermaid, Pawara, Black Manta, Jazz, Manta Queen, Dolphin Queen, Sea of Fantasy, M/V Oktavia) within the next 5-6 weeks, would you please please bring me a glass?? Preferably one of the big ones (think it's 350 caplets)......

I'll come & pick them up - and pay for them of course, just let me know when & where & how much :wink:

....keeping my fingers crossed.......

Do they also sell that medication OTC in Canada? I've got a diver coming from Toronto THIS WEEKEND who owns a pharmacy business there. I can ask if he can bring some along... he'll be on a liveaboard, though not be on your boat... . Alternatively, I'll be going to Boston on the 19th and returning on April 4. After that I'll most likely be up at Khao Lak with a customer doing daytrip diving with Big Blue... one way or another, right? PM me and I'll see what I can do. :)

I am coming over on March 22nd from the US but will be staying in the Chonburi area. So if you cannot get someone that is staying on the west coast I would be glad to be a backup and send it thru the Thai postal system to you upon arrival.

John

So I asked my Canadian pharmacist diver about your meds, and here is what he wrote:

Unfortunately I cannot get Exedrin Migraine in Canada. I can bring Excedrin Tension headache.-acetaminophen 500mg + 65mg caffeine. Excedrin Migraine has acetaminophen 250mg + aspirin 250mg+ caffeine 65mg.

To tie her over, I would be more than happy to bring a couple of bottles of. excedrin tension headache and she can take one of these + 1 regular strength aspirin. It would theoretically get her to the same end point. It's the caffeine that increases the rate of absorption for the pain relievers.

In a pinch try this:
=Redbull or coffee or wakeup tablets +regular strength tylenol+regular strength aspirin

Please let me know and I would be more than happy to bring them at no charge to your colleague as they don't really cost much. Not a problem.

So if you want this other Excedrin, please tell me right away as this guy is packing now for his trip.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. We will be in Khao Lak April 11-15. Let me know if you'd like to bring the Excedrin Migraine for you.

Thanks a lot, I have enough now to get me through at least one low season and most of another high season :wink:

Lovely people on this board :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom