Anyone going on Blackbeard's around October 2016?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there, is anyone going on Blackbeard's around October or so? I won a Blackbeard's cruise and would love to book it sooner rather than later. The person who was going to go with me is no longer able to. Let me know! :)

My friend and I are booked on the Halloween trip. Looking forward to it, and hope everything's ok. If there are any Scubaboarders around then, say hi! :)

Hi, I would be interested in hearing about your experiences if you don't mind. I am considering Blackbeards as well, but was wondering about the ship as well as the diving (post Matthew).

You and me both!

I am not so sure about the close quarters and I like my creature comforts, so we'll see how this goes. I have been on 2 liveaboards in the past, one was off Catalina Island set up similarly to Blackbeards except only our LDS was on it at half capacity, so we each had extra space and an extra bunk for luggage. Last year I was on a very nice liveaboard in Jardines de la Reina, Cuba with private cabins, private washrooms, top notch service, and lots of space. They were very different experiences but I had an awesome time on both and had fantastic dives.

I also wonder how the diving will be, especially after the hurricane. I am going in with an open mind, however, and I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever I find. From when I last checked, there seemed to be some minor damage around Paradise Island, a bit around Nassau, but I didn't hear anything about the out islands like the Exumas, Eleuthera and San Sal. So hopefully the reef and life weren't too affected.

I'll try and post about my trip after I return from my few extra days away after the liveaboard and catching up with photos and life after.

We were blown out on Blackbeards by Matthew and have rescheduled for April. It will be our 3 rd time. I always go into it with some doubts because of the crowded boat but have had a great time both times.
Also hope the reefs faired well, let know how it goes for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for both your replies.
I have only been on one liveaboard before. It was similar to BlackBeards, but it was only 2D/1N, there was no 'cabin fever' feeling.

Sorry, 2D/1N?

2 days, 1 night.
i meant to say that my first and only liveaboard was a short one, so not sure how i would fare with a longer stretch.

Aah, should have guessed. My first liveaboard was 3 days/2 nights and I wasn't sure how I would handle 6 days/5 nights on a liveaboard in Cuba, but I was sad to leave. Blackbeard's is slightly less than 6 days/5 nights but a lot closer quarters. We shall see!

Are you spending time in Nassau/Bahamas on your trip too?
Wondering if it would be worthwhile to schedule extra time there.

Also, I see that you are in Canada. I am from New Brunswick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom