Anyone have an recent experience with these resorts in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbm32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed to Fiji for a few weeks in Oct/Nov time period. We will be staying at least one week at the Matava Resort on Kadavu but would appreciate it if anyone has info on the following resorts?:

Naigani Island Resort
Fiji Palms
Malolo Lailai Lagoon Resort Club

Hi
Naigani is off the beaten track and can be quiet. Great for families 3* style but loads of room inside and out. Small but OK pool.
Some great dive spots especially if they take you to E6 or Wakaya - both a bit of a trip. I have stayed there several times and it is very popular with local ex-pats for weekends getaways.

Malolo Lailai - island is nice but quiet busy with a few resorts there as well as the yacht haven. Diving is not a patch on Kadavu or Naigani but still OK, if you aren't too bothered.

Fiji Palms - I presume you mean Fiji Palm Beach Club at Pacific Harbour. Well strange to say, I don't know it at all but I must have driven past it hundreds of times I guess. Trip advisor reviews sound about right though. Old but being slowly renovated. One thing to note is that Pacific Harbour is on the wet side of Fiji so much greater chance of rain, but the diving on offer via Aquatrek or Beqa Adventure Divers is first rate, including the Shark feeding dives.

I hope that helps.
Greg

Thanks Greg. That helps a lot. Sounds like I should avoid Malolo, unless it is a good spot for non-divers since it is busier. My wife is a non diver and I guess I could spend ONE week in a place that is more non-diver friendly.

Greg, according to the site I am looking at Naigani has an optional meal plan. Are there restaurants in the area that would make it feasible to pass on the meal plan?

CBM32 -Worst case senarion you can always eat at the resort. You don't need to be on a meal plan. The resort just books it to your room. Personally when at resorts in Fiji I've had the kids on full meal plans and myself and my wife on a meal plan for half the meals.In my experience you aren't locked into any particular day/evening to eat the meals but by taking the plan the meals end up a tadd cheaper.

Thank you Kazbanz. Although the online info I have seen on the Naigani resort says that the meal plans are "available" I have been in contact with the resort and they say that a meal plan is mandatory. I guess I will find out for sure when I book it through RCI. Either way I will probably go with the cheaper meal plan that gives you breakfast and dinner but not lunch.

Just locked in air fare today. LAX RT Nadi for $821.50 each. Leaving LAX on Oct 6th and returning on Nov 17th.

Hi
Naigani is a fairly small resort and definitely no other place to eat o the island. The meal plan covers breakfast, lunch and main course dinner. There are extras for dinner you pay for.
Drinks not included.
It is quite good value.

Malolo is good for non divers with some small shops and choice of places to eat and easy transfer to the main land and other islands. It is also close to Nadi international Arrival airport. Naigani transfer eats up a day of you time. Can be a bit dull for a non diver outside of the beach, although there are tours to other island available like Ovalau, the old colonial capital.
Have a great trip which ever you opt for.
Cheers
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom