anyone have experience with Canon A80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My SEU is looking at a Canon A80 with DC900 housing.

Was wondering if anyone has used this combo, and if so what do you think of it?

This will be her first digital camera. So far she has only used a Nikonos V for underwater photography.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The similar A70 is my 1st camera and I love it. The A70 can be had for as little as $150 and the Canon housing for $160. No worries about flood insurance.

The A80 has a pivot screen and is 4MP rather than 3MP but is double the price.

Here are a few images:
http://www.legopacific.com

That's what I've been using, and I love it! I can only imagine the shots I'll get with the strobe and WAL. (and with a lotta luck!)

Hi Bob,

I've got the A80 as well with the housing and used it only on land so far but great pictures and easy to handle in and out of the housing.
I will be taking my first U/W pictures in September in the beautiful U/W world of Utila.
Good luck

I've been using an A80 with housing since January and have gotten some pretty good results with macro photography. Also good for snapshots, and the video mode isn't bad either - kind of fun to have a cheap housed video system! With a 256 MB memory card, I can hold about 30 minutes of video, too. (Best results if your buddy is using an HID!)

Back
Top Bottom