Anyone have weight they'd like to get rid of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eellenoff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm starting to get into Monterey diving, and I'm piecing together my first set of dive gear and have most pieces except for lead. Since lead is lead, I figured I'd see if there's anyone in the peninsula looking to offload some weights. So, if you happen to have a bunch of weights (especially some heavier ones like 5 or 6lbs) you've found at the bottom of the breakwater over the years, let me know!

Thanks.

Wow, choices! I have a standard weight belt so hard weights are probably best for me. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I need, but somewhere in the vicinity of 20-24lbs.

I've got an assortment I could get rid of. I think I could even flat rate USPS it up your way. Not quite sure what it'd be worth...

Dang, and I just spent $67 on a new weightbelt with weights...should have come here first!

Between home and work I probably have 400 lbs.

Is that enough?
Duh damn! I thought I had a lot of lead with a bucket full. Mine is ready to melt into who knows what. I still need to buy or borrow a 2lb or so bullet weight mold to pour some weights. I have been wanting to try hard weights for awhile now.

Since we dive the North Coast a lot (Read abalone divers) we tend to find many lost weight belts. The last one I found had around 40 lbs on it and had been down for years. Pacificgirl was there for that find :cool2:

This makes me think of my "buckets o lead" which now lives in the form of large salmon balls, which I no longer use. It would be cool to have a "melt party" and transform some of this into 2 lb bullets or 3 lb scuba weights.

I also have some yellow and black "coating" spray and dip. dip is probably the way to go for scuba weights. The spray is a little weak.

Back
Top Bottom