anyone heading to thailand to do divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davetwinlan

Registered
Reaction score
anyone heading to thailand to do divemaster
Hey people.my names dave and im 22, from Ireland and just finished college!!! i am planning to head to Koh Toa Thailand in March some time by myself to do my divemaster!!! Just wondering if theres anybody else with the same idea of packing it in and feckin off for a few months??? drop me a msg aneways if your on the same boat!

Hi Dave,

I am doing my IDC at Crystal right now - a good school with good instructors. For a second option, a bit smaller, also try Planet Scuba - good instructors there, too. Both are in Mae Haad, very close to the pier / boats. - always an advantage. A third choice could be Buddha View in Chalok - a nice area.

I like Crystal because they are associated with Reef Check - something I appreciate a lot.

Good luck,

Tom

Thanks,yea i think i mite go for buddah view, it looks like a pritty good place!

Actually Buddha View, the course director Mark, does an excellent reef ecology seminar for all of the divemaster and instructor trainees and the staff take them on fish and coral identification dives. Looks a really good program.

I'm planning to finally do my DM in May/June so you will be done by then. Would love some info on where you did it and how it went.

Hi Dave, I'm heading to Koh Tao this month as well to do the DM course. Have you chosen a school yet? There's too many to choose from! When you heading out?
Cheers, Iain

Hey all !

I live and work here as a dive instructor and you are right there are many many good schools here - lots of different places to choose from over many locations. If you have chosen to come here anyway then remember you dont need to book before you arrive. You can get here and have a wander around and see the different dive centres for yourself. That way you get to talk to and meet the teams which means you are going to find an environment that is suited to you.

I wrote an article about choosing a dive centre and while its aimed at people completing their open water - the principles still apply .... have a read though.....

Choosing Where To Do Your Open Water Course Learn To Dive On Koh Tao

Back
Top Bottom