Anyone hear about an explosion at Port Everglades today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard something on the radio about an explosion over at Port Everglades, was wondering if anyone heard any details.

Nice subject line there Rick Sanchez.
An office fire next to propane storage facility IS NOT A LNG EXPLOSION.

cbs4.com - Port Everglades' Office Building Destroyed By Fire
Port Everglades' Office Building Destroyed By Fire
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) ― Quick work by Broward Sheriff's firefighters averted a potential disaster at Port Everglades Wednesday evening.

Around 6:15 p.m. a security guard at the port dialed 911 after he heard an explosion and saw flames shooting out of the Targa Resources office building on Southeast 28th Street.

Targa Resources supplies liquid propane gas. Directly adjacent to the building were Fifty-eight 30 thousand gallon storage tanks, which contained about 800 thousand gallons of LP gas. It took fire crews about 20 minutes to bring the blaze under control, managing to contain the fire to the structure and preventing any spreading of the flames to the tank farm.

The building was not occupied at the time and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is undetermined and remains under investigation.

Nice subject line there Rick Sanchez.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Hey Bri did you know that my ex-spouse spent three decades in the local TV news industry? Oh could I tell you some stories about SPIN...buy me a beer at the next E-divers or ScubaBoard get together and we'll chat.

Some quotes:
"It's a dead HORSE."
"No, you are NOT allowed to shoot the shlt."

:rofl3:
Every morning I wake up and thank Elian Gonzalez for becoming a famous lil' guy in an innertube (side comment, he was rescued by my roofer!) because the OT my ex-spouse made taking pictures of him paid to cover every single opening in my house with Rolladen shutters. "Rick, why are you working 7 day double shifts taking pictures of that kid?" "If he picks his nose and I miss the shot, I'll be fired."

Dayum I love that kid, I was safe through Wilma thanks to his short-lived fame.

But I digress. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom