Anyone interested in the quarry in Pelham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ISPY

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm new to the area, and trying to get wet. Does anyone have interest in diving in the quarry in Pelham Alabama some Saturday. Seems like it's +/- 3 hours from Atlanta, with some decent depth and vis.

I'm open to suggestions for other local sites as well.

I'm AOW and Nitrox certified.

KylePReid and I were planning on going and checking it out once it warms up a tad bit. We will come out and dive with you one of these saturday's once it's a tad bit warmer.

Matt

A group of nuts meet up at Lanier 1-2x a month. We dive over at West Bank Park at the dam. Look for a post labeled the looney birds. We all dive wet, can't afford the dry suit right now. The water temps have been in the 43-49 degree ranges since January. From shore the depths can get down to 90' or so, typically we are in the 30-60' range though. Visibility varies from a few feet to 20' at depth unless you stir up the bottom and then you won't see anything.

Corigan:
KylePReid and I were planning on going and checking it out once it warms up a tad bit. We will come out and dive with you one of these saturday's once it's a tad bit warmer.

What do you need warmer for you looney bird? I wouldn't think it would be much colder than lanier

scubaPT:
What do you need warmer for you looney bird? I wouldn't think it would be much colder than lanier
Heh Allen. I am sure the pelham quarry is in the same temp range as lanier. I however do not feel like driving 3 hrs to do one 30 minute dive.. :) Once it's a tad bit warmer and I could do 2-3 dives out there wet and not turn into a popcicle then I plan on heading out. I've been biting on the bit to get a Drysuit badly, but that is still a few months off atleast..

Matt

Corigan:
Heh Allen. I am sure the pelham quarry is in the same temp range as lanier. I however do not feel like driving 3 hrs to do one 30 minute dive.. :) Once it's a tad bit warmer and I could do 2-3 dives out there wet and not turn into a popcicle then I plan on heading out. I've been biting on the bit to get a Drysuit badly, but that is still a few months off atleast..

The drysuit would be nice. Try this link for your drysuit. https://www.divetank.com/gear/listproducts.php?categoryid=37

ISPY:
Greetings. I'm new to the area, and trying to get wet. Does anyone have interest in diving in the quarry in Pelham Alabama some Saturday. Seems like it's +/- 3 hours from Atlanta, with some decent depth and vis.

I'm open to suggestions for other local sites as well.

I'm AOW and Nitrox certified.

I would be happy to dive with you at blue water as long as I am not teaching a class that day. When you get there tell who ever is at the counter that you are looking for Zach and they will point me out. I am at blue water pretty much every weekend (47+ weekends a year). If you want to PM me in advance to set up a dive, please give me at least a week to find the message.

I haven't been, wouldn't mind giving it a try though... I won't be heading up there anytime soon, but maybe sometime later this summer.

Corigan:

Matt

Let me know when we can arrange something. I have a dry suit.

ISPY:
Let me know when we can arrange something. I have a dry suit.
Sounds good. We ran out to bluewater today as a quick decision from yesterday since our NC charter was blown out. If you would like to get wet and don't really care about alot to see you could always come out to Lanier with us. I think I am going to go out there next weekend.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom