Anyone know how to make a portable gear hanger/washer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
SCUBA Mate and SCUBA Bud, seem ok but I think you can make a good one yourself. I went to home depot and Lowes hardware and cannot find PVC pipe strong enough to hold all the weight of my gear, it flexes too much.

Has anyone ever made one that's a good size, hold a lot of gear, weight and you can roll it around?

Try pricing metel conduit instead of PVC. I am not sure how the price would hold up to ones you could just buy but it would be worth looking into.

Good luck.

Chad

I use the rolling clothing rack from target as well. I works great and easily holds two complete sets of gear. It has sturdy wheels and folds up as well. I just wheel it out to where I am washing my gear, hang the gear up, and wheel it back to the garage. It will rust eventualy, but for $50 I can buy another one in a couple of years.

After seeing the metal rack at target I figured it wasn't worth my time or the expense to build my own scuba rack.

-Lance

This is what we use for rinsing gear... and it is a great ladder too. :D

We can rinse and hang a bunch of gear with this set up... the black rubber tub is how we soak the rigs (still set up.)

Of course now that we are back into the rainy season we need to hang the stuff inside to dry... for that we have something else.

That will be Next post and next picture.

But here is the ladder rinse rack:

I got to get a digital camera.............

Ace Hardware sell steel conduit by the length, with threaded ends.
They also sell all the elbows and unions you will need.

You can build a simple frame from the conduit and fittings, it can be added to, or modified at any time.
I even put some casters on the bottom so it can be wheeled under cover if need be.

If you know someone (like me) who has a Ridgid Threading machine handy, you can come up with a VERY unique rack.
Just be sure to use galvinzed pipe and fittings. Or 316 stainless if your REALLY keen.:D :D

I have also seen one done in electrical fittings and conduit, 2" PVC is pretty tough.

Maybe a trip to the local "sparky" or Plumber may save you a little.

Dave

SlurrySeal once bubbled...
Here's a picture of the garment rack they have at Target.
That's a nice looking rack for $50 Lance! My inside rack didn't cost anything but then it is kinda in the way at times hanging like it does from the roll up door... I might see if they have any of those at the target stop here.

.... is where my stuff dries also. Very similar setup with the shower rod / steel conduit on the door rails. I like the hang-bar idea for extra space, but gets in the way of the truck.

The steel conduit was only $3 for 8' at Home Depot. Look in the electrical area...

The garment rack looks nice too!
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom