Anyone know if this is a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving4fun1

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is this a good deal.
I saw on ebay a pair of red atomic aquatics fins? Since I am new I can post URL's
I think I saw them for 150 or 160 shipped. Is that a good price? Can someone get it cheaper?

I do want split fin but It seems that they are overly expensive anyone else know where to get a great deal? I saw some TUSA on Scubatoys but they're white.

A good portion of the stuff on ebay is sold by stores that also sell items off of ebay. Typically, these are not good deals if the store is selling it with a "buy it now." While I can't see the auction you mention, it sounds like a lousy deal. I've found the best deals are PEOPLE selling gear they own, not shops trying to unload excess inventory.

LeisurePro has them for $139/149 depending on size. Plus shipping. With a 12mo warranty.
Atomic Aquatics Split Fins

Scubatoys also has the Tusa's in any size/color for $99.
Tusa Zoom Fins reviews and discounts, Tusa

LeisurePro also has them for $99 with Free shipping. I bought mine from them last year.
Tusa X-Pert Zoom Open Heel Split Fins (SF-8)

Last years model since Tusa recently released the new Z3 model.

Open Heel split fins [-]all[/-] mostly license the Nature's Wing technology which makes them more expensive.

Last edited:
Open Heel split fins all license the Nature's Wing technology......

May I correct your post? Foil Force Fins have an open heel foil_force_fin_product and are not subject to license by anyone. The Foil Force Fin was made by Bob Evans in response to a request from the Commander of the Joint Diving Operations active in the Pacific Fleet in the early 1990's. They merited an award, along with his Fab Force Fin line by DEMA in 1999 as products "Most Likely to Succeed"

Pity that the industry followed suit by signing licenses without thinking out the ramifications. The technology inherent in Split Fins predates the industry's use of the design. My understanding is that the licenses tie them to paying fees on just about any fin they should ever make from this point forward. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't why many companies are rolling back to pre-license technologies in their latest fin lines; to cut the license fees out of their costs in this economic climate.

In my opinion, the phenomena is a tragedy for the industry. The licenses are preventing fin technology development from moving forward by other than a few independents that are not subject to licenses, like Force Fin.

Ok, I stand corrected.
Foil Force feature our patented upcurved blade
Does the cost of developing this technology drive the $250 retail price on them?

In my opinion, the phenomena is a tragedy for the industry. The licenses are preventing fin technology development from moving forward by other than a few independents...
I totally agree. What I've further found interesting is that full-foot split-fins retail around $40. Evidently the Nature's Wing patent doesn't cover those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom