Anyone know where to get rubber bands for knife sheath?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okinawascuba

Reaction score
I have a Gerber knife with a nice sheath, but I cut the bands a little too short so I can't adjust the bands any wider (learned my lesson). The bands thread through the clips so I can use any that are of similar width, which is about 1/2". Any ideas?

Go to a bike shop and ask if they have any old mountain bike inner-tube lying around. It's usually thrown out or given to ingenious DIYers like yourself free of charge and it can be used in so many different applications related to scuba diving you'll marvel that you never thought of it sooner.

Use a whole piece (still connected around) about an inch or less to secure a backup light, use long even pieces as straps for your knife, etc. Inner tube from a bike tire okinawascuba, you'll love it. I assume you're close to a US base but from what I remember of Okinawa bigger sized bike tubes shouldn't be hard to come by. Street bikes with the "fat boy" tires have tubes that work about as well as mountain bikes, fyi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom