Anyone located in Miyazaki?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to be in Kumamoto-ken, but not anymore.

Miyazaki-ken or Miyazaki-shi? If you are not too far in the south (or if you don't mind a a bit of driving), I can recommend a trip to Kashiwajima (柏&#23798:wink:, Shikoku. Drive through the night to Saiki, leave the car, early morning ferry to Sukumo, and then let the dive shop (I went with Sea Air) pick you up and start the day with the 8:30 dive. Two more dives, stay a night, do the 8:30 and 11:00 dive, then head back to get the afternoon ferry back. Nice weekend trip.

You can see stuff like ornate ghost pipefish, pygmy seahorse, harlequin shrimp, various frogfish etc.

And you can say you dove Shikoku :)

I will be in Miyazaki-shi. There doesn't seem to be many dive shops considering the location. Shikoku is certainly one place that I want to dive :) Thanks for the trip advice!

The people I dove with in Kumamoto all said that there is no good diving at the east coast of Kyushu. The shops in and around Kumamoto would all go to Amakusa, Kagoshima or Shikoku for diving. I personally never made it to Kagoshima, every time we wanted to go weather turned out to be bad, so instead we did some muck diving near Kumamoto (which I like, too)

For diving around Kagoshima, try contacting Zynyx.

And if you for whatever reason go to Kumamoto and want to dive with a dive shop from there, let me know and I can tell you who not to go with :wink:

I travel to Miyazaki 2 times a year. I have dove in Miyazaki 3 times. It is a great location to dive. You will love it. We dive near Nichinan city. I dive with an outfit named "Nice Dive". There is another outfit called "Greet Divers". Both are located in Miyazaki City. Nice Dive is near the airport and Greet is between downtown and the Aeon Mall. Nichinan is about an hour south of Miyazaki and a beautiful location. I have a couple of videos on youtube of the dives if you are interested I'll get you the link.
Everytime I dive in Miyazaki I wonder why there aren't more divers.
There are also direct flights to Okinawa and other places in Japan.

Cool!

I was wondering why there shouldn't be good diving east side of Kyushu when there is good diving west and south, and on the west side of Shikoku.

And if you ride a bike, especially a dualsport, Kyushu is a great place to be in, too :)

Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 04:43 AM ----------

Cool! I have seen the Nice Dive website. Apparently, most of the dive shops don't have websites. Post the links please :)

Nori1841,
Thanks for the links - I apologize for the slow reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom