anyone lost their logbooks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razorseal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I lost my logbook like 3 years ago :( happened when I was moving apts :( and since then I never made another one up :( anyone else lose theirs? :( (yes, lots of sad faces lol)

I couldn't imagine losing my flight logbook.... I would be so screwed, I wouldn't be able to find a new job lol

Not I, but a friend of mine. This guy has not been diving in several years, and had all his scuba stuff stored at his parents' place. Well, his dad had a yard sale and everything is gone: log book, cert card, favorite mask, favorite old reg that doesn't work upside down, the works.

He got NAUI certified so long ago that the records weren't computerized. (And STILL aren't, NAUI isn't putting the old files in, or at least not doing it quickly.) So, if NAUI can't find a 20 year old piece of paper, he is completely out of luck and starting from zero, without even a log of his ~100 dives.

His only other chance to get his card is to find his old instructor to vouch for him. He was trained in SoCal, but it was so long ago that he only remembers this about his instructor: The name was Martin, and he was ex-Canadian military. See how far Google gets you with that!

Martin was also the kind of instructor that would sneak up behind you and turn off your tank, or rip off your mask. I have heard the stories many times... :)

I had a friend whose logbook was stolen from his truck. This is one reason I log electronically.

Not I, but a friend of mine. This guy has not been diving in several years, and had all his scuba stuff stored at his parents' place. Well, his dad had a yard sale and everything is gone: log book, cert card, favorite mask, favorite old reg that doesn't work upside down, the works.

Who would want a used log book?? Or someone else's C-Card for that matter...

People are weird

He didn't witness the sale and suspects that a pile of gear was sold in one lot, so the buyer probably got the book and c-card as a surprise.

(I log electronically, print out each new log page for a binder, and back up the computer files.)

Matt S.:
He didn't witness the sale and suspects that a pile of gear was sold in one lot, so the buyer probably got the book and c-card as a surprise.

I'd like to think it was inadvertently trashed in the cleanup. I would hope a diver would recognize what someone's logbook and c-card means to them and return it.

Yeah, lost my log book with my first 3 or 4 years worth of dives. No big deal to me though. Now that I'm actively diving again, I'm just happy to make new entries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom