Anyone recently back from fantasy island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know Fantacy island has been updating all their rooms. Has the service improved ???? They have some good prices. I would like to hear from divers who have been there the last month or two... Good ??? Bad???

Please post your reviews.

I was there in Mid February with a group of 20. They were not renovating rooms while we were there. Some of the rooms and other parts of the resort are a run down and are mostly really small issues, that when brought to the attention of the staff, were corrected almost immediately.
We found service and attention from all aspects of the staff, dive shop and resort, to be first rate. Everyone there went out of their way to make sure everyone enjoyed their vacation. Overall I would be more than willing to take another group their anytime.

I know Fantacy island has been updating all their rooms. Has the service improved ???? They have some good prices. I would like to hear from divers who have been there the last month or two... Good ??? Bad???

Please post your reviews.

I spoke with a traveler on the plane who mentioned her room was "OK" And some in her group were in cots even though they paid for rooms . There has been a lot of bad press about Fantasy Island and I would suggest not booking unless you have some type of solid moneyback garuntee where you could go to another place if they do not do what they say

I would sure like some more SB Trip Reports.

FI has always had the potential to be a great dive resort.

I spoke with a traveler on the plane who mentioned her room was "OK" And some in her group were in cots even though they paid for rooms . There has been a lot of bad press about Fantasy Island and I would suggest not booking unless you have some type of solid moneyback garuntee where you could go to another place if they do not do what they say

On cots instead of rooms? Were they sleeping in the dining hall?

Sorry, I was not clear enough, They paid for a double room and did not even have beds in the room, only cots.

How much is Fantasy Island worth if it was to be sold, any ideas?

Try to buy using Kickstarter, and getting all the divers in the world to pay you for an air tank...

Sorry, I was not clear enough, They paid for a double room and did not even have beds in the room, only cots.

I wonder if they were full that week? I doubt it. I might be on the island in June, maybe I'd better swing by and take a look.

We were just there the March 24th through the 30th with 40 other divers.

The location is very nice but the resort is some what run down. It has the potential to be a 5 star location but in its current state I would give it 2 stars. The rooms are basically hotel rooms, nothing special. Their were a lot of little things wrong with the room, the shower had mold in it, the laminate floors were peelling, the sliding door on the balcony did not close fully and the front door would not lock unless you pushed on it hard.

The house keeping staff would not give my wife a wash cloth or hand towels - this may seem trivial but was just another example of how the resort just does not reach it's potential.

We had several singles in our group and the resort tried to double them up in rooms with a single king bed :shakehead:

The food was not good. We ended up eating allot of salads and fruits and going in to French Harbour for dinner even though we were on an AI package.

Included in our AI package was "domestic" beers, I expected Salva Vida. The only beer they had was Strohs:yuck: as part of our package. They did not even have Salva Vida at the resort. You could buy Corona for $4 :shakehead:.

The dive operation was top notch. The only things I would mention as a negative for the dive operation is that only one of the boats had a head and their advertised price for Nitrox is/was $100 for the week, they tried to charge us $120 for the week and our trip leader had to discuss this with the owner to get them to honor the price listed on their web site. In the end they did honor the $100 price.

We have stayed at both Anthony's Key Resort and now Fantasy Island. The diving on both sides of the island are comparable but the Marine Park had more fish life. The next time we go back to Roatan we will be staying at AKR again. With the specials they run the cost difference is minimal.

If you do stay at FI make sure you dive the Coco View house reef - It was one of the coolest walls we dove all week and the Prince Albert is a great wreck to dive.

Overall I will not recomend Fantasy Island but will recomend AKR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom