Anyone recommend a charter in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoffyb

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums here and have been lurking about soaking up the valuable infortmation here. I am a new diver from Seattle, Washington. I am open water certified and have logged 4 dives in Turks & Caicos which was incredible! I will be heading to Thailand in early-mid Febrauary of 06' and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good dive location and charter in Phuket Thailand. Thanks for all your help and input, I am sure that it will be valuable information.

Regards,

Geoff B.

How long are you planning on being there? How much diving do you plan to do?

Geoffyb:
recommend a good dive location and charter in Phuket Thailand.
Hi Geoff,

The choices are quite varied in this location. Your choice will depend on how much diving you want to do and budget. As a new diver you may find it quite a shock to sign up for a liveaboard and do 4 dives per day, though you will love it! The best diving in the area is by liveaboard boat north to the Similan islands and still further north to Richelieu Rock, and also South of Phuket at Hin Daeng and Hin Muang. Many boats run to the Similan Islands of all kinds, from cheaper boats with well over 20 divers to really big classy boats with smaller groups, and plenty in between. An average 4 day liveaboard runs from 400 to well over 1000 dollars.

Some more information :

Liveaboards

Similan Islands

Hin Daeng

You may want to do a day trip or two or a scuba review before a liveaboard, or possibly the PADI Advanced Open Water course.

Wishing you happy diving

Jamie

Liveaboard cruises to The Similans/Richelieu Rock and south of Phuket to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang would be ideal in February. But as Sunrise suggests it would be worth your while to do The Advanced course. Many operators offer this course at a special price if you do it whilst you are on the cruise. Prices around 150 U.S.
Enjoy!

Geoffyb:
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums here and have been lurking about soaking up the valuable infortmation here. I am a new diver from Seattle, Washington. I am open water certified and have logged 4 dives in Turks & Caicos which was incredible! I will be heading to Thailand in early-mid Febrauary of 06' and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good dive location and charter in Phuket Thailand. Thanks for all your help and input, I am sure that it will be valuable information.

Regards,

Geoff B.

Hello Geoff !!!

Here in Phuket you will find a lot of choices depending on your budget and time you want to spend under the water :10:
You can easily do a daily trip diving or as well the 4 or 6 days on the Similans island with a live aboard boat.

For more info check this out:

Daily Diving
Live Aboard
FAQ

Take care

Back
Top Bottom