Anyone selling steel tanks on here? Maybe one al too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepman3sk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone selling off their steel tanks? Im looking for 100s, 119s, or 120s. Id also be interested in one al80. If so please send me a PM with price condition, and pics too.

Greetings Jeepman and there are some floating around but are you sure you want HP rather than LP?
Just checking and there will be several AL 80s at the M&G Oct. 14-15-16 at Giboa.
I will message a few and see what I can do.
Please let me know and I will keep an eye out for tanks.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

fair question, most of the people I know dive HP. Id like to dive them as singles now and down the road turn them into doubles. Any reason why I should go for low pressure? Oh and I plan on being at M&G this time and might even have someone to cook food for me :p

I have a catalina AL80 I don't need. It's out of hydro, but comes with a valve. Original hydro from 96, not sure of month at the moment, can check when I get back from Gilboa though if interested. Just let me know, thanks.

Paint

Paint, are you coming to the M&G? if so bring it along, I need a stage bottle and jeep's looking for something so as long as you don't expect new prices and are willing to stand by your tanks pending hydros you should have no problems selling them.

Well HP tanks are harder to get filled to their rated pressure.
LP tanks are easier to get filled to their rated pressure and with a little extra they actually hold more gas.
I am not telling anyone to overfill their tanks but it is up to you to decide.

I have decided to roll with LP just my preference.
If you want to sell or buy bring it along to the M&G cash and carry!
There is always something to trade or buy there!

CamG

Paint, are you coming to the M&G? if so bring it along, I need a stage bottle and jeep's looking for something so as long as you don't expect new prices and are willing to stand by your tanks pending hydros you should have no problems selling them.

I am not sure about the Meet and Greet yet, will have to see what's going on when it gets closer to that weekend... I definitely don't expect new prices either lol. As for standing by the hydro, I have absolutely no clue or way to be able to honestly. I got it from a friends uncle with 2,000psi in it about 2 months ago. I know it was made in 96, and by the guys dive log it has very few dives on it. I know none of the history on the tank, or anything of that nature so I guess I will have to retract my offer of sale lol. I know I can get hydros locally fairly cheap so I will take in and do that I guess before I try to sell/trade it. Not sure if it will be done in time for the M&G, but if so I will post back in here with an update and any other pertinent info. Thanks again and best of luck withy our search.

Paint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom