Anyone use Corel products?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bluefish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
IL/IA (about as far from salt water as you can get
I've been using Corel Draw and Corel Painter for years for non-photography graphics. I'm easing my way onto the digital bandwagon and I wondered how Corel Photo Paint and Painter compare to Photoshop. Since it comes with Corel Draw, it would certainly save me quite a bit of dinero. It seems to have similar features, but never having used Photoshop, it's hard to tell.

I used Coral Draw a little bit years ago, before photography, but I can't rmember enough to draw any comparisons. Sorry!

I've been using Corel Draw and PhotoPaint for many years, too, and I've done quite a bit of photo retouching. PhotoPaint was pretty much equivalent to Photoshop until the most recent release of the latter. The most recent version of Photoshop adds some pretty nifty tools, while I don't believe that version 12 of PhotoPaint has much new in it.

If I was buying new, I would go with Photoshop without question. If you're just getting started, then I would stick with PhotoPaint until you feel you've outgrown it (which could take several years!). It's a very powerful program with tons of features and will probably satisfy most, if not all, of your needs.

I found Photo-Paint a little easier to learn than PS and in a few areas better than PS. Overall PS is probably still my choice. You won't go wrong with either. Save the dinero and buy some dive gear instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom