Anyone use mult-metering? Should I?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I usually use the default ESP metering on my C5060 and am going to start using the spot focusing to see if it helps my macro shots. Does anyone use the third option - multi-metering? The manual says something about it being useful for high contrast subjects. Just wondering if this turns out to be useful frequently enough to actually make a point of remembering it. There are so many features on these cameras that I try to be selective about which ones I try to commit to memory, or my brain might run out of room and then.....I don't know, but I think it wouldn't be good.

Here is a good starting point with setups for that cam. i daont know if you have seen this or not but when i got my camera it was shortly before a trip to bonaire i used the fourth column and used the setting for using the onboard flash(which i used very little) and white balance. Take a look at my pics on the link in my signature. I took hundreds of pics in bonaire and they came out great using these settings. I am adding a strobe this summer and am going to practice with it before we return to bonaire. Are you using a strobe with your cam? or just the onboard and white balance?

Nice pics. I use the onboard flash as well. Was thinking about getting a flash soon but decided I have too much else to become proficient at, and will probably put it off for a year or so. I've gotten some pretty nice pics without so far. What settings are you talking about? Did I miss something? BTW, I let the camera set the white balance since the flash almost always fires.

Oops i thought i copied the link here it is. the settings are for the C5050 just an older version of the C5060. The fourth column setting are what i went by.
http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/underwater_photography/up_settings.htm
I hardly use my flash onboard i use white balance, use a high resolution jpeg or raw to make editing easier if you want to bring out more color. I am adding a flash to try to make my pics better. I just have to learn to use it.

I second this suggestion, use the Splashdown settings and you can't go wrong as a starting point. I gought a 5060 last year before going to Roatan for two weeks. I surfed around and found a lot of good info on the net, one of the best bits was the general settings offered by several folks. I started out shooting in SHQ and the went to RAW during the course of the two weeks. A little work in Photoshop to set the white balance does wonders and....viola, cool pics! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom