Anyone used the Fantasea BigEye M67 (with an s90)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSOD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Fantasea Line Water Sports Photo Products & Accessories- BigEye Lens M67

media.nl

It seems a bit shorter than the oft mentioned FIX or Inon fisheyes, which may minimize the usual vignetting. Not to mention it's also a tad bit lower in cost.

It will also be a "tad" bit lesser FOV than the UFL165AD or Fisheye UWL-04, like about less than half.

N

Fantasea Line Water Sports Photo Products & Accessories- BigEye Lens M67

media.nl

It seems a bit shorter than the oft mentioned FIX or Inon fisheyes, which may minimize the usual vignetting. Not to mention it's also a tad bit lower in cost.

This is only intended to restore the original focal length of the lens at the wide end, to compensate for the 25% reduction caused by the refraction of water. So a 28mm lens in air remains a 28mm lens in water, instead of effectively a 35mm lens. It's a mild wide angle enhancement, say .8x, in a compact form. Cost is about $220 at major dealers. You will have to zoom in a little, since the port on an S90 or G11 housing is slightly wider than 67mm.

The Inon wide angle adapter presents a wider image, at considerably higher cost. Classic tradeoff.

If you want extreme wide angle, also consider a DSLR with an 8mm fisheye, or 10-17mm fisheye. There is even a 4.5mm fisheye from Sigma.

Do you know how it works with zoom ? I used Inon's UWL-100 few times and it does not allow to zoom at all (even with smallest zoom lens create extremely "soapy" vignetting) ?

Michael

i think most inon wide lens perform best at 35mm...
so for S90, you need to zoom out a little bit to get rid of dark corner.
i think UWL-100 shld performed better than AD lens
i'm using Inon 105AD with S90 ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom