Anyone uses Mares Rover 12?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the Rover 2nd stage has replaced the Rebel 2nd stage as Mares' "entry level" 2nd stage.

The MR-12 1st is a good, solid and reliable balanced diaphragm 1st. It has been around for a long time. I have 3 of them.

I have not used the Rover 2nd, but do use the Rebel as a backup reg / octopus on 5 different regulators sets for our family. If the Rover is as good (or better) than the Rebel, it will be a decent no-frills reg. My experience with the Rebel is that it breathes well, much better than expected, and only slightly inferior in performance to the Abyss and Proton 2nd stages we use as our primaries.

Best Wishes.

Just wanted to pitch in my two cents;

The Rover second stage is nearly identical to the Prestige second stage, other than the faceplate and minor differences on the body of the second stage (new rental line at our shop is Prestige primaries and MV backups, so I've had the chance to see and work with both). Breathes very easily and generously, great for divers looking into a reliable and good quality reg at a moderate price. As LeadTurn said, the MR-12 is a great first stage, built very solidly.

Back
Top Bottom