Anyone Using EM1 mk2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, I have an em5 mk2 for diving but I am keen on upgrading my EM1 to an EM1 mk2 for my lousy bird photography.
Might combine both into one camera system. Any advantages in using the EM1 mk2 for UW pics?

Yes, have both. Focus is much, much better with mk2. Faster more accurate.

Hi all, I have an em5 mk2 for diving but I am keen on upgrading my EM1 to an EM1 mk2 for my lousy bird photography.

Might combine both into one camera system. Any advantages in using the EM1 mk2 for UW pics?

I have both in Nauticam housing: IQ is (slightly) better on EM1II (more DR and pixels). AF is substantially better, especially with Zuiko 60mm and Pana 45mm Macro.

The housings for EM1II and EM1III cost new the same (approx. 2200 Euros from Nauticam with vacuum valve) and are more expensive than the cameras themselfes (800 Euro for EM1II and 1340 Euro for EM1III on the grey market). When buying new, I would go for EM1III (even better AF; maybe this handheld high resolution is of some use for UW, you may be the first one to show it to us).
A used EM1II Nauticam housing you may get for 700 - 1000 Euros - this may be the way if on budget...

Wolfgang

Will put this on hold until we get an idea of what will happen with Oly. Have no plan to get out of my system for the foreseeable diving future, which, at my age may not be too long.

EM-1 MkII has much better AF, far better on the 60mm macro lens. Now is a good time to buy the EM-1 II on sale for $1870 or so at Digi Direct if you are looking at new. I'm considering buying a spare body, the mkIII has some nice features but really not much improvement for underwater, so I'd be happy staying with the II so as to not upgrade the housing. In your position keep an eye out for a second hand housing.

Chris stop hanging desire in front of me i am too susceptible to the siren call of a new system.
I have already made my decision to stay with the EM5 mk2 and now you throw this in front of me....

Back
Top Bottom