Anyone want to dive Porteau Cove or Whytecliff tomorrow AM? (New diver only 17 dives)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeliMech

Contributor
Reaction score
Whitehorse, Yukon - land of very little diving
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Only been diving for a little over a year. My usual buddy (my girlfriend) is working,and a guy that said he might be interested hasn't made contact like he said so I assume that's not happening.

The weather looks great and I haven't been out in a month. I NEED to go.

My SAC rate stinks. NDL to 130 ft. w/AL100 has me about 35 min. NDL to 80 w/AL80 has be about the same time. So not great at all. So just a heads up to experienced divers that I am probably a huge buzzkill.

So mostly a slow relaxed practice dive on my end.

17 dives to date for me. 12 in cold water recently since November. PADI OW, AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox and Deep specialties.

Still have a lot to learn. Reasonably attentive buddy. (I will actually stick with you and pay attention...how much security that actually represents for you is up for debate).

Please shoot me a message if you want to go. It'll kill me to stay home tomorrow.

James

Hi James.
Did you find a dive buddy? I didn't see your post until today. Are you on Facebook? There are several FB groups for diving around Vancouver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom