anyone want to shore dive Saturday morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Any Diver interested in a shore dive tomorrow morning Lake Travis at 9 AM single tank

email me shawn.o'shea@foxtv.com

OK? :popcorn:

:D

Any Diver interested in a shore dive tomorrow morning Lake Travis at 9 AM single tank

email me shawn.o'shea@foxtv.com

OK? :popcorn:

:D

I can do that Shawn. Mansfield dam again? I might be a little late, since I'm coming from Buda and I like laying around in my warm soft bed.

John

My cel is 665-6110

Well Shawn enjoy that whiskey knowing that your not going to miss anything at the lake tomorow. I just spoke with Ron who told me the vis at Barstow's today was about 3 ft. at best. I'm thinking I'm going to go out and buy a half case of beer at noon tomorow and watch the game instead.

Well Shawn enjoy that whiskey knowing that your not going to miss anything at the lake tomorow. I just spoke with Ron who told me the vis at Barstow's today was about 3 ft. at best. I'm thinking I'm going to go out and buy a half case of beer at noon tomorow and watch the game instead.

Yep, it was a very enjoyable time, and I just kicked back all day yesterday then took the wife out with friends for a nice dinner in Round Rock.

I will PM you with my cell phone for future plans.

HOw was it? Nice tropical with lots of colors.

Well, except for the wind it wasn't too bad. I had on my new 5mil with a hooded vest and no gloves. I did a quick dive to check vis and ran into some good size Bass and Sunfish around the first platform(17'). No sign of Walter. I went to the cliff at 60' and could see the chain at the bottom(~10') down.

Second dive we headed down destined for 150. Vis wasn't too bad. I could see the line from the lowest platform @ 90'. I was still warm enough so we decided to continue. I started down the line, we did a quick gas check with each other then kept going. At about 120' I was hovering maybe a foot above the line. When I tried to use my light to see how far the line went @123 the vis was so bad it almost looked like the line was going into sand. So, we turned.

I didn't get uncomfortable until we were in deco at 30' following our original plan. 6 minutes total was enough to chill me but not to the point of shivering like New Years day.

Shawn,

I got your PM but for some reason I cannot reply to it. I keep getting an error message.

Shawn,

I got your PM but for some reason I cannot reply to it. I keep getting an error message.

Hi Donna,

My email shawn.o'shea@foxtv.com

Sorry about the error problems.

I don't think the weather is cooperating for us tomorrow morning.

Lets reschedule.

Please email me.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom