Anyone with pics with a Canon s100 and 2 stacked Inon 165 Close Up Lenses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S100 w/ Closed up lenses JLo's Blog: S100...My 3rd U/W Camera

I am currently shooting with an Olympus SP 350 but thinking about upgrading to a Canon s100 in an Ikelite housing. I love shooting super macro with 2 stacked Inon 165 lenses. My inon lenses are AD mount so I would need to get the 67mm to AD mount adaptor. Does anyone have any shots they can post with this cam and/or with the inon lenses?

Thanks
Karen

I would go wit the canon housin, I know thts not the question but ii know of too many ppl havin problems wit the buttons stickin on the ikl housing, I've even got my daughter to get the canon one. I hav got double stacked 165 macro they seem great on land not tried them under water n you do hav to zoom lot wit them double stacked, but I wouldn't use any other than inon

16dnt from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

The enclosed photos were taken at Lembeh with S-95, Canon housing, Inon mount (actually an S-90 mount modified for S-95), and two stacked Inon 165s. The S-100 performance should be similar. Your focus depth of field will be paper-thin but after many shots you'll learn to live with it.

Bobtail Squid
Bobtail squid.jpg

Orangutan crab with a Decorator crab hitchhiker

Orangutan crab with a Decorator crab hitchhiker.jpg

I got these in July on my FIRST outing with a stacked macro, never used a macro lens before
Just go dive and shoot pictures, you will see how the lens behave .... to much theory to little diving

S95, Canon housing, UCL-165LD stacked with UCL-165M67 ..... taken in Swanage, UK

7671473240_64b983624a_z.jpg

7671454934_269816962a_z.jpg

7671452168_021a666190_z.jpg

7671727724_9e38b1ece9_z.jpg

7671446960_2ea4431a7e_z.jpg

Nice photos :D

Thanks for all the photos. I know that stacking the INON 165's causes vignetting. You just need to zoom in a little to avoid it. No big deal. My original post was from June...I was still on the fence on which camera/housing to buy. Choice was made when i won first prize in an underwater photo contest. I won the Fisheye Fix housing for the S100! Woo hoo! Can't wait to play with my new toy! It just came in the mail last week. Now I just need to buy the camera!

I use Fix S100 With an adaptor 52mm to AD and two inon lenses stacked with no problem. I will look here wich photos i used.

Hi Karen and congrats to your win! Vignetting is never an issue with macrolenses because you really should zoom in all the way, not just a little. This is crucial esp with 2 stacked lenses. The cameralens needs to be as close to the wetlens as possible go get the best magnification and it's easier to light the subject because you get the most room in between subject and lens.

Put the camera on manual focus and turn the dial to closest focus possible, on my S95 it's somewhere between 20 and 50cm on the scale. Use the "magnification focus" setting to see when the subject is in focus (you will get a magnified square on the LCD). After a while this gets easy, one just rock back and forth until focus is achieved. This way one rarely needs a focuslight, even a red one scares critters. With the C-mode on cam you can save all settings you need for stacked lenses: Full zoom, closest manual focus possible, Iso 80, f/8 for best DOF and 1/500 is a good shutterspeed to start with. This way it's easy to change to/from wetlenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom