Ao Nang/Krabi & Phuket dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will be heading to Ao Nang / Nophratthara area in the last week of April ( I hope the situation in BKK allows this).

There are so many dive shops to choose from that every time I get down to researching I end up clueless!!

Can I please ask for assistance here. I intend doing some diving and/or my AOW. From previous experience I need the LDS to have a speedboat because I get seasick easily and cannot sit on a boat for hours waiting to reach the site. Did a logtail journey to Hong and boy was it bad!

It would be great if we could just have such a recommended list as a sticky and members keep updating/reviewing it.

I also plan on visiting Phuket and need something similar for Patong. That way I can do a bit of diving in Phuket and some in Krabi.

Thanks in advance to one and all.

Will be heading to Ao Nang / Nophratthara area..
I need the LDS to have a speedboat because I get seasick easily and cannot sit on a boat for hours waiting to reach the site...
I also plan on visiting Phuket and need something similar for Patong.

Contact KatDiver on this forum. He has a DC in Ao Nang and offers speedboat trips too.

In Patong are many DC's and most of them will offer speedboat trips as well. You may try Warm Water Divers opposite the Holiday Inn. They are a booking agent/dive equipment retailer and sell speedboat dive tours as well.

Thanks for the reccommendation Bowmouth. Happy Songkran!

Welcome to the Board csr, dive in and you'll find a great deal of good information here!

Until last week I could have put you on to two speed boats, but Sea Fa have now shut up shop for good. Shame really because they had the biggest boat that I preferred to use. The other boat goes out twice a week, give me your dates and I'll try to work something out for you. Basically ALL the LDS here will be booking for this boat now, so you have no choice for service at this time.

Didn't you know? Longtail diving is the real Thai diving experience!!!! Well that's how one of the shops here sells it here. We do not use any longtail services, we do all our diving from our boat; local, Phi Phi and Shark Point. I know everyone is different, but usually our divers who get a bit seasick take the medication and enjoy a good time out at sea. I used to be the same, the only cure for me was to buy a boat and go out diving every day!

Hi Kat man, many thanks for that.

I will drop you a note shortly although my plans are now in disarray thanks to the turbulent political climate in BKK. It's so not what you guys need this year.

My flights are booked in and out of BKK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom