Ao Nang Scuba / Volunteer Activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lj82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone!
Came across this website and found it interesting:
Volunteer in Thailand: Volunteer Activities and Internships Abroad, Conservation Volunteer

Have anyone had any experience diving with Ao Nang Scuba before? They are a NAUI outfit, which seems extremely rare in Thailand. There isn't much info on their website and it seems that they are mainly focused on the "Volunteer Activities" stuffs now. Hopefully someone who had participated in their activities can come on here to share with us how is it like. I like the idea of spending some time at Krabi, upgrading my diving skills and at the same time do my part for conservation and community.

Like the website says all your money will go into the Thai economy, It's a Thai run company!!!!

I don't know much about this company, but their emphasis seems to be different to all us other PADI/BSAC/SSI centres. I suppose it depends upon how much money and your own time you want to tie up, or go ahead with the more traditional training regimes.

Nice to see you want to spend some time in Krabi and if you check out our prices for courses, you'll see were quite competitive.

That is obscenely expensive unless there is some small print giving away a top of the range scuba set a suunto d9 and a week in the Similans.

I would shop around if I were you.

I agree surinboy.
Looking at those prices on the website there are much better deals around.
But again good old tourist friendly Thailand - Volunteer and give your time up to work unpaid. In return we will rip you off.

I agree the price looks expensive, but then again its all inclusive (meals and lodging all provided).
I would still like to know a bit more about their operations and if they actually do help out the community.

That does seem very expensive, and also they will probably make you work like a dog when your not diving. I would shop around for a better deal. Maybe look at Phuket as an option also.

Actually, I am not looking for a divemaster internship.
I will do that only in Singapore, where I live in and will not take short cut going about to do it.
The reason I posted the link was to find out more about the community work that they do.:D

Take into account that for any kind of work, paid or not paid, you need a work permit.

Good point that I didn't really consider.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom