AOW class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossjc

Registered
Reaction score
I spent this last weekend aboard the No Respect around Santa Rosa Is. for my AOW course. Not going into detail on the dives since they were mostly training oriented, but I thought I would tell everyone about some of the highlights.

1. If anyone has the opportunity to join a No Respect dive, the only charterable 6-pack in Ventura, DO IT. Lou the Cap is amazing and the boat is incredible. OUTSTANDING CHARTER!

2. We ended up in a 300+ pod of dolphins on the way back to the mainland, very cool, it was dolphins in every direction. Blew my mind, the ocean is so cool...

3. We saw whales breaching after one of our dives a way off the bow...sheesh...to much entertainment...overstimulated...

Oh yeah, the diving was also incredible!

Let us know how much the charter was and if you have contact information for NO RESPECT. Thanks!

BlueDolphin:
Let us know how much the charter was and if you have contact information for NO RESPECT. Thanks!
I found some info listed at:

http://www.californiadiveboats.com/

Just scroll down to the boats listed in Ventura. The link to the No Respect website is no good, but there is a phone number and more info there.

Edit: (805) 443-8058 is a good number. I just called the number and spoke to Lou for a little while. After speaking with him, I really look forward to diving with him some time. He's been doing this for about 25 years and does partial pressure blending of Nitrox on the boat. He said that he remembers Ross and that it was certainly a great day.

Christian

I talked with Lou and he basically said that to charter the boat, we need to have a group of 6 set up, he doesn't get the group together for us. He said usually he charges $600 per day for the trip (don't know how firm he is on this, it was really kind of shop talk on the boat).

The trip to the island was kind of a blur, but seems like I remember about 1.5 hours. He has a couple turbo diesels.

rossjc:
I talked with Lou and he basically said that to charter the boat, we need to have a group of 6 set up, he doesn't get the group together for us. He said usually he charges $600 per day for the trip (don't know how firm he is on this, it was really kind of shop talk on the boat).

The trip to the island was kind of a blur, but seems like I remember about 1.5 hours. He has a couple turbo diesels.
When I talked with him he told me the same thing. He said that he wouldn't charge much more to go out for a couple of days though. He would just work it out where you would take care of a couple of meals and so would he.

It all sounds like a very fair deal to me. If you decided to go out diving on Saturday, spend the night on the boat and come back Sunday after diving some more, it would probably turn out to be very reasonable.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom