Apartment near CrossCreek/IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm sure I won't have much trouble finding a decent apartment once I'm there but in the mean time I wondered if anyone has a lead or personal experience with a good apartment (cheap with aircon) close to CrossCreek/IDC side of town. Wanna be able to easily and quickly walk it, for the morning dive boat. Doesn't have to be huge, just clean and cool with some sort of fridge.

It depends what you mean by cheap. $ 500/month and you'll do alright.
There's Caribbean Dreams which is reasonably close to Cross Creek, further out ( on the point ) there's Sandstone.

I stayed at a Maggie's Place which is across from the BICD, $450/month for an awesome one bedroom apartment. Solid concrete so I was quiet, no bugs, not even a gecko in the place, there's no way for them to get in, hot water shower, aircon, designer bed linens, spotlessly clean, patio with BBQ, washer and dryer ( free ), TV, a proper internet connection, and a fully equipped kitchen, The place is only five years old, but I would have thought it was brand new

The down side, the cost of electricity. $0.35/KWH meaning it costs about $1/day just to keep the lights/TV/fridge/hot water on. Fire up the aircon and easily double that.

There's and American couple on the island, Mike and Jeanie, who run an apartment finders service. Link up with them and they'll sort you out. See their ad outside the Bundu Cafe or at Deep Blue Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom