Apeks ATX Recall!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Yooper

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Apeks has a recall going on for their ATX regs.

Off their web site:

Recall of Apeks ATX Regulators

It has come to our attention that a number of the new ATX regulators produced in September/ October 2001, have a potentially serious defect.

The problem is related to the 2nd stage front cover of the ATX100, ATX200 and all ATX fluorescent yellow octopus regulators, this includes the Stage Three sets

Your local Apeks dealer / distributor has been informed of the situation and you should take your regulator to them immediately for inspection.

The serial numbers of the regulators that may be affected fall between 109 0001 and 110 2580.

Under Latest News.

http://www.apeks.co.uk/apekshome.htm

Check 'em out guys.

Mike

Hi Mark, this is a very usefull information, because I wanted to by an Apex regulator, but I think I will change my mind and I buy a Mares Abyss or Aqualung Titan Glacia.
Cheers

I certainly wouldn't base my decision on this recall. Apeks is dealing with this just fine. You won't be sold one of these regs anyway. Just make sure the serial number isn't between 109 0001 and 110 2580.

I still highly recommend Apeks regs -- if not more so now.

Mike

Deepy,

If anything, this shows APEKS commitment to quality and customer satisfaction by initiating this voluntary recall so quickly after the problem was discovered. I would still encourage you to consider the APEKS brand of regs.

I'm sure just about every company has had a recall at some point in time. In fact...Aqualung had one not too long ago on the Titan LX regs but I wouldn't tell you not to buy Aqualung because of that either.

From the 5th D list I got word this morning that the US series stop at 109 - this affirms that this only affects the regs sold overseas.

I see no reason whatsoever to go with anything else due to this...

Big T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom