Apeks ATX100 vs. Legend LX ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Zeagle are going to be more expensive, you can get dang near the same reg (used to be the same at one time) as the Apeks. Once the big Z goes on, up goes the price.
The safest bet for worldwide parts availability would be the Aqua Lung, in my guesstimation, or you could just bring along your own repair parts for the Apeks...
ScubaPro is a bit too restrictive who they sell their stuff to, making it harder for smaller ops worldwide to stock their parts.

It was cheaper for me to get a Zeagle Flathead VI w/ 2 ZX seconds then it was to get an ATX50/ATX40 combo. But that's in Alaska... and I used Scubatoys for the Zeagle setup.

Your mileage will vary, but generally, Bob3 is correct. Parts are also more expensive for the Zeagles.

-B.

Legend LX is more like ATX200, almost same reg. ATX100 is like Zeagle Flathead. Legend LX has standard 3/8" hose fitting, Apeks has 1/2".

Bob3:
Actually, I'd opt for an Apeks TX50/DS4 & save a few bucks, the performance between that & the ATX100 is going to be real close, though if you're doing a lot of traveling, the Aqua Lung may be a better choice, as they have pretty much a worldwide "in stock" parts availability.

Exactly my setup and I have been really happy with it. I think it's hard to get TX50 in the US though, usually it's the (more expensive) ATX series.

I own and use an ATX200, ATX50 and Legend LX. I like the Apeks better, my son likes the Legend better, but I'd be hard pressed to say that one actually performs better than the other. I'd say go with whichever one you can get the best price on.

Thanks for all the feed back... I ended up getting the ATX100... I have only used it one time in the pool... So far, so good...

Back
Top Bottom