apeks ATX40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theslyfox01 once bubbled...
lots of comments on the higher end apeks regs, but does anyone have anything to say about the ATX40's? I'm getting some in a week or so :) thanks

I love mine, breath nice and easy and so far have been great in the cold cold water of the UK.

Hoppy

Can't comment on the ATX40 but I used a TX40 for a while and was perfectly happy with it.

Then I bought an ATX50 second stage with the intent of using the TX40 second as a necklaced occy.

When I breathed off them both side by side the ATX50 had noticeably (but only slightly) easier inhalation!

I bought the ATX50 because I wanted the smaller (and more chic) second stage, but the truth is that I miss the TX exhaust tee. Didn't realise how good it was at directing the bubbles away from my face and ears and I'm wondering now if I should have gone for a TX50 second instead, or maybe should have got the full TX100 setup...it never ends!!

Can someone tell me what is the real difference between the 50 100 and 200. My LDS tells me not to buy the 50 for tec diving.

Big Bubbles once bubbled...
Can someone tell me what is the real difference between the 50 100 and 200. My LDS tells me not to buy the 50 for tec diving.

plenty of info already here... just do a search.

Real quickly.... I don't know why they would tell you that... Are they selling something more expensive instead of the 50?

All apeks 2nd stages are very similiar... the TX style is the older style. The ATX in newer and slightly smaller and lighter(?). The TX20 has no heat exchanger. The (a)tx40 lacks an external adjustment knob.

The 1st stages all have similiar guts. The DST usually comes with the (a)tx40 and 50. The DS4 (no turret) is an option that alot of people prefer (no extra failure points). The (a)tx100 is like a zeagle flathead. The atx200 is it's own style, but again, shares alot of the internal workings.

I can't tell a difference between a PROPERLY adjusted atx200 and a ATX50.... or a zeagle 50D for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom