Wanted Apeks Black Sapphire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question, I already have one Apeks Black Sapphire that I picked up several years ago on this forum. I hav enjoyed diving with it and looking to get more into tech diving and would like to find a reasonable price on a used one.

I have like Ike’s at the one on Amazon and the actual LDS (Beach City Scuba) that is selling it also has it listed on their website. While I like the regular I think $800 to $900 is to much to pay for it and not even get a spg or back up second stage.
OK, so you want it for the matching looks of twin regs. I can appreciate that.

They are out there. I'm not looking to sell, but I do have two DIN black sapphires...one of which is still sitting in the box (never used). I bought them both on the forum (brand new old stock). I hate to say that I prefer my Atomic regulators, but I do (purely subjective). The APEKS reg is a great reg...much better than the training regs we use.

They are out there. I'm not looking to sell, but I do have two DIN black sapphires...one of which is still sitting in the box (never used). I bought them both on the forum (brand new old stock). I hate to say that I prefer my Atomic regulators, but I do (purely subjective). The APEKS reg is a great reg...much better than the training regs we use.
They are out there for sure but they seem to be very rare. I landed up missing out on the one posted on eBay, as the tax they wanted to change was outrageous. I did not know that eBay was now charging tax for used item sales…. :(

So I’m back on the hunt!

I do also like the Atomic regs, but as stated before I’m looking for a matching set so I would love to find another sapphire if possible.

It will also be interesting to see if or what Apeks puts out for their upcoming 50th anniversary.

@Spyderdiver instead of trying to find an Apeks Sapphire to match your set, which is difficult used or expensive at $900 new, you can get *a pair* of normal chromed XTX200 (with 5th port kit) or Tungsten XTX200 from Gidive Store for not much more than that even after EUR conversion and shipping. The Tungsten is still in production and has a PVD coating also and a 5th port kit already installed. You can sell your Apeks Sapphire away to make up the difference. At least you won't have to pay reg service costs on a used Sapphire.

I'm saying that as an owner of a FSR/XTX200 pair myself.

Attachments

• 1643665468559.png
    1643665468559.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
I have one but I am only trying to get rid of the 2nd stage because it is freakin' heavy. Changed it out to XTX 50's.

I have one but I am only trying to get rid of the 2nd stage because it is freakin' heavy. Changed it out to XTX 50's.
If you are interested in selling send me a PM with what you are asking for it along with pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom