Apeks does not sell P-valve spare components and forces to buy whole valve (170€)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fredymad

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought an Apeks p-valve in 2020 (around 30-40 dives and only used the p-valve on a couple of occasions). Every time I went diving I noticed that the plug was unscrewing, until I lost it last month (it was only a matter of time).

I put in touch with Apeks consumer support email to buy the plug and got the following answer:

Hello,

Please note that spare parts can only be ordered through our resellers network.

You can find a list of our distributors following the link below:

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Cordialement / Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Customer Service

Aqualung - Apeks - Aquasphere

Then I emailed my distributor who put in touch with Danilo PERIOTTO (After-Sales Technician, After-Sales Service EMEA,AQUALUNG GROUP”).

The only solution they gave my dealer, from Apeks/Aqualung, was to buy the whole p-valve again (170€) as they refused to sell me only the plug.

I hope this email is useful to someone who is thinking about ordering a P-valve and considering other options (lightmonkeys, halcyon, OMS, and so on) with a better after-sales service

See you

Attachments

• apeks-p-valve.jpg
    apeks-p-valve.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 40
As the owner of a similiar Pee valve, that had considerable difficulties sourcing a spare part kit (non return valves that is) I'll second this!

Check internal thread size - don't know it for Apeks, but for noname P-valve there was simple UNC 3/8, so spare hollow body bolt can be machined by nearest mill and drill shop, or bought from divegearexpress.com.

Check internal thread size - don't know it for Apeks, but for noname P-valve there was simple UNC 3/8, so spare hollow body bolt can be machined by nearest mill and drill shop, or bought from divegearexpress.com.
Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom