apeks regulator overhaul and parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're doing it to save cash, it probably won't happen. The kits are often difficult to obtain, and when you combine the price of the tools to do the job, it's hardly worth it. Account in your time, and it makes more sense to have someone else do it.

If you want to service your own regs because you are dissatisfied with the shops' ability to do so, then you may have something there. Nobody services my regs like I do - 'cause my life depends on it!

I sent Apeks regs to Abyss for servicing. $34.95 . Granted there was the shipping cost ( $ 6.00 UPS ), but compared to local dealers it was a steal. Got them back in less than two weeks which is what some local shops indicated they would have them for.
Dove the regs and they are right on. Definitely would recommend.
www.abysmal.com
He's in transition to a new store from what I understand, so there may be a bit of time before he's back up with the service.

You're kidding... Really?

Was that $34.95 per stage? Were they charging the same for each of the stages?

If that's the case, then yes, that is a steal... Heck, just the service kits alone cost about $35 each... Maybe a little less, but not much...

SeaJay:
You're kidding... Really?

Was that $34.95 per stage? Were they charging the same for each of the stages?

If that's the case, then yes, that is a steal... Heck, just the service kits alone cost about $35 each... Maybe a little less, but not much...

No it was $34.95 for 1st & 2nd. I think I paid around $40 plus the cost of the initial shipping to them. Maybe $46 or so total.
The store portion of the site is down at the moment, but I think that he was even giving discounts for the number of regs. Send him 3 or 4 and it was less. Great deal.

SeaJay:
You're kidding... Cost for the kits is more than that.

Don't know.....I'm happy. Maybe he bites it on servicing to get other sales. I just know what he charged me. He posted it to TDS a while back and I got a flyer in the mail as well about the reg servicing do I decided to give it a try.

Tim

Wow, kits aren't that expesive.

Maybe $15/ Stage ($19 first/ $11 second) if you are using the manufacturers parts kits. If you are using your own parts it is a heck of a lot cheaper. At most $.40/ o-ring and maybe a buck or two for a HP seat..... CORRECTION: I just looked it up. Aqualung wants 10.75 for a HP seat.

The manufacturers are making a killing on the parts kits that is for sure.

...Yeah, and that's IF you can find a supplier.

...And if you do find a supplier, then they've got to add $10 to the kit to make it worthwhile to retail.

End result is about $22 for the second stage kits, and $33 for the firsts.

...So yes, getting kits into the hands of the consumer really IS that expensive. The prices you quote above are to the dealer, no?

SeaJay:
...So yes, getting kits into the hands of the consumer really IS that expensive. The prices you quote above are to the dealer, no?

Correct.

Althogh, I am actually suprised to hear someone acknowledge that shops need to make money. A lot of the sentiment on this board has been that shops are robbing people because they have to mark up their merchandise.

I am not a shop owner, but I do have a very good relationship with my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom