Apeks TX50 for stage or pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All
I have the chance to buy a used Apeks TX50 for next to nothing. I have attached an image. I was thinking of grabbing it and testing/inspecting/rebuilding if required. All up I could buy it and rebuild it for around $100. Does it sound worth the effort or not?
Is the first stage an enviro sealed dst? Does anyone know the part number for the Din conversion? I would just keep it as a spare or use it on a Pony or stage one day.

Attachments

• CD76EC8C-7A45-429D-9590-DAE9ECBD5558.jpeg
    CD76EC8C-7A45-429D-9590-DAE9ECBD5558.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 168
I would go for it.

It looks like a DS4 1st Stage … no swivel turret, but all you will need.

There is almost no difference in 1st Stage performance across the Apeks product line.

The DS4 is what a number of militaries have chosen to use after extensive testing.

That's a DST first stage, has a turret. I don't like yoke, but it's about the perfect reg for a stage/deco bottle. SPG lays against the tank, turret spins down so the hose lays against the tanks in the bungees, and when you pull the hose to deploy, the turret will spin up for better hose routing. For $100 AUS it's a great buy.

Old DST = one 1/2" lp + 3 x 3/8" lp ports.
For any old Apeks 1st stage I would love to see the inside of the HP chamber. The orifice is irreplaceable unlike its stable mate FSR.
The individual part numbers for the DIN connection:
AP1409.....0-ring
AP1472.....Conical filter
AP1470.....Handwheel, 300 Bar
AP1471.....Handwheel connector
AP1166.....O-ring

It’s what I use on all my deco bottles. Heck, it’s my entire lineup. Deco/ stages, twinset, Sidemount. DIN version of course. Go for it.

Been using a Tx50 as a main 2nd stage for more or less 8 years now. Can't complain about it, and it has seen hell... The Atlantic can be nasty sometimes...

Diving TX50's as my main regs, ATX40 on my stage (used to be my main).

Have a DST and DS4 1st. Both converted to DIN.

Apeks all the way. Love them.

Back
Top Bottom