Apeks xtx 200 vs xtx 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apart from some cosmetic differences, the XTX 200/100/50 are the same 2nd stage.

If you were a machine you could probably tell the FSR (200, 1st stage), breathes ever so slightly better than the FST (100, 1st stage).

On single tanks, the FSR mounts diaphragm up, the FST diaphragm down. You get a little more head room with the FST. If I use an FSR on my singles, I mount it upside down, for the little extra head room.

The FSR has a changeable valve seat.

For single tank rec diving, there's very little difference. I use an XTX 50/ds4 with singles.

Apart from some cosmetic differences, the XTX 200/100/50 are the same 2nd stage.

If you were a machine you could probably tell the FSR (200, 1st stage), breathes ever so slightly better than the FST (100, 1st stage).

On single tanks, the FSR mounts diaphragm up, the FST diaphragm down. You get a little more head room with the FST. If I use an FSR on my singles, I mount it upside down, for the little extra head room.

The FSR has a changeable valve seat.

For single tank rec diving, there's very little difference. I use an XTX 50/ds4 with singles.

I read a "Muscle Reg" article a few years ago and on an ANSTI machine the 100 came in above the 200. I dive FSR/XTX50s and DS4/ATX40s and as am not a machine cannot tell the difference. I do like the look of the FST, looks more robust. I prefer the hose routing on my FSR over DS4 (single tank). Can link to the article if you're interested.

To the OP buy the one thats the cheapest as "Kern" says you will not be able to tell the difference when breathing. If you can get the 2nds separately Id recommend the XTX50s not only are hey cheaper but again as "Kern" says they are exactly the same save some cosmetics diffs. If you are in Europe scubastore.com sells FSR/FST and XTX50s as separates at very good prices. Good luck

I really like the way the FSR 1st stage routes hoses very cleanly. Just *so* pretty :) That aside, I agree with the other posters, that most likely you will not be able to tell the difference wrt. breathing. So pick the one you like the best.

As for 2nd stages, I do prefer the added adjustability of the XTX50, 100, 200 (identical except for some chrome "bling").

Henrik

Thanks all! that helped me a lot! so for a single tank user, basically i'm just paying for aesthetics=)

cheers!

Thanks all! that helped me a lot! so for a single tank user, basically i'm just paying for aesthetics=)

cheers!

Yep, even hose routing on the FSR and FST is pretty similar, slightly more angle on the FST. Like I said go with the cheapest of two.

can't go wrong with DS4 or DST as first stage and XTX50/XTX40 for second and octo. Don't pay for the cosmetics of the 100 or 200.

I dive with a DS4/XTX50 for 4 years now and never had a problem even in cold water. Just last Sundy, I did a 50 minutes dive in 34F water, lots of current and an air temp of 28F. No problem.

They are machines.

I read a "Muscle Reg" article a few years ago and on an ANSTI machine the 100 came in above the 200. I dive FSR/XTX50s and DS4/ATX40s and as am not a machine cannot tell the difference. I do like the look of the FST, looks more robust. I prefer the hose routing on my FSR over DS4 (single tank). Can link to the article if you're interested.

Sure, post the link please.

PS. Forgot to mention, the FSR is a little lighter than the FST, or the DST/4 for that matter.

Interesting, beyond a certain point however, I'm not sure how worthwhile maximum flow is as a metric for the average recreational dive. Most modern regs will supply more than enough air for 2 people to breath from. As the in family results were mainly quite similar, I also wonder if there are any real statistical differences in the results.

As a metric, i'd be more interested in WOB, & how it's depth effected. Do's it breath dry in all positions, etc. Things that will have a real time affect on it's use, rather than extreme limits , few if any, are ever likely to need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom