Apeks XTX50 Ratchet venturi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there I just recently purchased from Diveinn/scubastore.com an FSR 1st and two XTX50 2nds, my question is on all XTX50/100/200 2nds I have seen the venturi is a ratchet but on the XTX50s I have the venturi has no ratchet? can anyone tell me why this is? cheers

Hi there I just recently purchased from Diveinn/scubastore.com an FSR 1st and two XTX50 2nds, my question is on all XTX50/100/200 2nds I have seen the venturi is a ratchet but on the XTX50s I have the venturi has no ratchet? can anyone tell me why this is? cheers

No idea, but I hate the XTX ratchet & have often wished they would go back to the non ratchet lever of the earlier A/TX versions.

PS. If you like the ratchet, I have an XTX 50 2nd with ratchet, wan'a swap.

No idea, but I hate the XTX ratchet & have often wished they would go back to the non ratchet lever of the earlier A/TX versions.

PS. If you like the ratchet, I have an XTX 50 2nd with ratchet, wan'a swap.

Actually Im with you and prefer the none ratchet just curious as to why the diff. Cheers for the offer tho.

Dear Customer,
We write to inform you of a recent decision to remove the ratchet feature from all XTX
regulator venturi levers. This decision has been made due to consumer preference and to
aid the manufacturing process. This will not affect the performance of the XTX regulator.
This has been achieved by removing the two ratchet inserts, in the 2nd stage case.
Regulator models which are affected are the XTX200 Tungsten, XTX200, XTX100 and the
XTX50. The serial numbers of the new non-ratchet models are 9050001 and onwards. All
regulators prior to this serial number will have the ratchet feature assembled as normal.
There is no need to remove any ratchet inserts from in service regulators, as there are no
technical issues. All XTX regulator maintenance manuals will remain unchanged showing the
picture of the ratchet inserts fitted.

Jean-Francois Blard

Dear Customer,
We write to inform you of a recent decision to remove the ratchet feature from all XTX
regulator venturi levers. This decision has been made due to consumer preference and to aid the manufacturing process.

Would it be possible for a certified shop technician to remove the ratchet from XTX regulators that had the ratchet installed from the factory?

Henrik

Woot. Now there is at least one less thing making XTX's nowhere near the reg the TX's were.

(Internals are completely swappable.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom