Apeks XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quadcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, I am looking into buying an Apeks XTX50 reg. I have heard and seen nothing but good reviews on it. Just thought I'd try here before I make my final decision to purchase it. So, anyone have anything to say about this reg? Good or bad, any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

DJ

Great reg for any dive! I use the ATX40 with a DIN DS4 first stage in water temps down to 0'C / 32F. If you want to safe a few $$ you could consider XTX's predecessor, the ATX50 or even the ATX40 if you don't need the adjustment knob (you don't =D).

If you can afford it, the new XTX's (2013 model) have a better purge button and are tested to even higher standards. More info on Apeks' website here:
Apeks Products

I have the Tec3 with 2 XTX50 (pre2013) and they are phenomenal regs! I used Aqualung Legends before and I can say that the 50's are easier to breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My doubles are set up with Tek3 and XTX50s, Love the regs. Nothing but good to say about them, and I have been regularly diving in 28-29F water temperature with 5-10F air temp.

Great cold water reg.
I dived my XTX 200s in the Attersee 2 weeks ago at 2°C water temperature down to 30m without any problems. They breathe easily and have a very good reputation as cold water regs. The XTX 50 second stage is the same as the XTX 100 and 200, only the first stages are different.

Are you looking to buy new or used ????.......

I'm looking to buy the Apeks range too. I was about the buy a Apeks Tungsten and realized that I will end up paying for an expensive finish. I don't see much difference between the XTX 50, 100 or 200 other than the finish. They all appear to be sealed (which is a great feature) and they all appear to have the dual exhaust systems (which is nice to have). Anybody know if they are any different? Sorry OP if I hijacked your post. I'm also trying to decide if XTX50 is good enough.

I have been using FSR/XTX50s and DS4/ATX40s for some years, they have proven to be very reliable.

The internals of the XTX 50/100/200 2nd stages are identical only differences are cosmetic.

Last edited:
Untitled.png

I got the matrix from a previous poster and circled the differences. Most are cosmetic.

Jon, the Apeks second stages 50, 100, 200 are basically the same. The 40 does not have an adjustment knob (can be upgraded though) and the 20 is a 40 with a plastic spacer replacing a heat sink. They should all breath very similarly.

The first stages show a bit more diversity. I do believe there are slight differences in flow between them but not enough to make a difference. Also the unsealed regs can be upgraded to sealed but I am not sure of the cost. The 200 has a replaceable hard seat which is good if the seat gets damaged. If the other first stages get hard seat damage then they are paperweights.

Back
Top Bottom