apex atx 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8buck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am looking for a long hose with a 1/2 male end for my new atx 200 any ideas can i get a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter from somewhere ??????

They are commonly available from either your LDS or from one of the mail order/internet shops that are often discussed here on the board (e.g., Scuba Toys, Leisure Pro, etc.).

I would probably just buy the 1/2" hose and keep an adapter on hand just in case.

If you have an extra 3/8" port you can use that and get plugs for the 1/2" one.

Most Apex 1st stages have extra ports

If you are using this for a single tank set up i would run your back up hose(22" or 24") hose off of the 1/2" port and run your long hose off of the standard port next to that as the hoses route a lot cleaner that way.

I use adapters to reduce the port to "normal" size - they weren't expensive. I know some worry about the extra failure point that the adapter represents, but I don't think the risk is significant and I'd rather carry a spare adapter than spare hose.

I am wondering if there is a difference between Apkes adapter and the adapter from hardware store. I find that the hardware store has the same adapter in SS and 3000, 4000, or 5000 psi rated.

Thanks,

reefraff:
I use adapters to reduce the port to "normal" size - they weren't expensive. I know some worry about the extra failure point that the adapter represents, but I don't think the risk is significant and I'd rather carry a spare adapter than spare hose.

Dryglove:
If you are using this for a single tank set up i would run your back up hose(22" or 24") hose off of the 1/2" port and run your long hose off of the standard port next to that as the hoses route a lot cleaner that way.
DG, is that just for the flathead-type first stages? I have a DST with the (gasp!) swivel first stage and have been wondering about this myself...

Back
Top Bottom