Apex WTX-D30 - who dives one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone using this wing? Good, bad, indifferent?

WTX-D30 Single Cylinder Wing

Sometime ago I asked a question about inflator elbow sizes, as it seems there is a standard size, then there is the Aqualung mondo size. I'm wondering if these Apexs use the Aqualung elbow on the bladder - all I have is Aqualung inflators and I might as well stay standardized with myself for parts and such, everything else being equal.

The new Apeks (not Apex) appears to be a rebranded Oxycheq Mach V wing. In short, these wings are built like a tank with a very heavy inner bladder. The two biggest drawbacks are: 1) Because of the stiffness of the wing it is not very compact for travel. 2) Some people report that the wing is harder to vent than a typical wing, while others have no problem so YMMV. The OPV and elbow on the Oxycheq wings are standard sizes.

I also have an Apeks WTX wing which is the older wing Apeks sells. That wing does have a Sea Quest elbow of a larger size.

Last edited:
I just bought one brand new for $250.00 Will let you know !

Back
Top Bottom