Apex WTX Surelock weight pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usually I dive steel 80's w/ 3 soft 5lb. wts. , one in each quick-release pouch and one in the previously mentioned Backplate/flap area...

once I had to use an aluminum 80 and was able to cram 9 lbs. (1 hard, 1soft) into each sidepocket with a 6lb. soft in my backplate/flap area. (7mil full, w/hood.gloves)

Loveit. (tho' I could use a pocket r two...)

I have one as well. I dive with 26 lbs + SS backplate when in salt water. I've managed to get 11 lbs (in soft weights) into each surelock pocket, although it's been a bit tight. They say you should only use 10 lbs in each, and recommend hard weights. This is with an AL 80. Hoping to move to steel tanks soon so I can drop some of the weights.

I purchased the Apeks integrated weights yesterday... I'm excited about getting my ATX harness this week to attach them...

I went with them because the DUI class/Trim II are nice but I don't need all that weight, I'm only 5'4 and have short legs...

The Apeks should do the trick...

MG

Hey guys,

I got my ATX harness yesterday size medium and placed the integrated weights onto it, not a probem, very simple instructions.

I placed 9 lbs in each pocket and I loaded my Steel 100 HP tank and found it to be a nice trim overall as I walked around the house.

With my PRO QD i3, I wear two 4 lbs nonditchable hard weights and two 3 lb hard weights in each ditchable pocket; that gives me 20 lbs total.

I've been diving that easily with wetsuit. What I want to ask you guys is since I'm going to be diving a drysuit, will I need to go up in weight, if so how much approx?

My wetsuit is 7/13/7 mils and I'm 5'4 weighing about 170 lbs.

I'd like to shift more weights to the back of my BC and have less in my pockets if possible. That is why I'm thinking about adding the Apeks steel plate for an additional 5 lbs.

Does it just slide right into the soft pad that has velcro, I sort of took a quick look at it last night? Or do I have to bolt it in once I place it through the velcro?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S
Does the steel backplate make the Harness feel more stable? With my Pro QD i3 the backplate is made of plastic and feels pretty sturdy. The Apeks harness feels like I'm wearing nothing, do I just get use to that feeling or will the steel plate give me that more robust feel in the back?

See above post http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3698213-post5.html

The stability of the WTX Harness is second to none. With or with out the plates it feels very secure on my back. I did notice that when I first used it, it slid around until I learned to adjust it properly.

Thanks for all the sound advice... I'll be picking up my Apeks BackPlate today... If anything I can always remove it from my harness and later have it ready for HOG purposes...

The nice thing about going this route in BC's is the ability to mix and match your setup...

Doesn't get any better than this for me...

Thanks for all the sound advice... I'll be picking up my Apeks BackPlate today... If anything I can always remove it from my harness and later have it ready for HOG purposes...

The nice thing about going this route in BC's is the ability to mix and match your setup...

Doesn't get any better than this for me...

That was one of the reasons I got it (ability to mix & match).

To answer your other question, I honestly haven't tried it without the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom