Apollo AV-1 motor heat generation problem with lithium battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sh_underwater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, I am from Japan. I'm writing the document using Google Translate, so I'm sorry if there is any wrong English.

I recently changed the AV-1 battery to a LIFEPO4 52ah.
I used Bluetooth to check the battery level and greatly increased the cruising range.

However, due to the increased capacity of the battery, the motor will overheat and the scooter will not work when running for about 1.5 kilometers underwater.

When I contacted Apollo, the temperature sensor of the motor operates at 110 degrees.

I thought about how to cool the motor.

Use a heat pipe, use a 12v fan for a personal computer, etc.

However, after all, the area around the motor is a closed space, so ventilation is not possible.

I thought about wrapping a copper pipe around the motor and letting seawater pass through, but this is a large-scale work.

The successor model AV-2 indirectly cools the motor with seawater, but is there a way to cool the motor without using the parts of AV-2?

Attachments

• S__26959882.jpg
    S__26959882.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 230
  • S__26959880.jpg
    S__26959880.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 248
  • S__26959883.jpg
    S__26959883.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 191
モーターのヒートシンクの周りに銅またはアルミニウムのチューブを巻いて、水が流れないようにすることをお勧めします.
Mōtā no hītoshinku no mawari ni dō matawa aruminiumu no chūbu o maite, mizu ga nagarenai yō ni suru koto o o susume shimasu.

モーターのヒートシンクの周りに銅またはアルミニウムのチューブを巻いて、水が流れないようにすることをお勧めします.
Mōtā no hītoshinku no mawari ni dō matawa aruminiumu no chūbu o maite, mizu ga nagarenai yō ni suru koto o o susume shimasu.

Hmm? Does that mean you just wrap the pipe without running water?

Hmm? Does that mean you just wrap the pipe without running water?
yes
wrap the motor in a thick walled copper tube or thin copper rod
run the tubing up into the big air space in the battery compartment, the more it contacts the (cooler) walls of the scooter body the better
that is the best you are going to be able to do without cutting holes and needing to seal them

Have you checked the bearings of your propellor or motor/gearbox shafts? This is often overlooked, the motor gets overworked then gets hot,activating the thermal sensor. Operation in warmer waters also can be problematic. I doubt the increased capacity is the problem.

rjack321、投稿: 9397800、メンバー: 39439:
はい
モーターを肉厚の銅管または細い銅棒で包みます。
チューブをバッテリー コンパートメントの大きな空気スペースに入れれば、スクーター ボディの (クーラー) 壁との接触が増えるほど、
それは、穴をあけたり、それらを密閉する必要なしにできる最善の方法です

Do you mean winding a copper pipe around the motor and attaching the end of the pipe to the body of the motor compartment?
The body is made of ABS, but ABS has a very low thermal conductivity.
Sending the end of the pipe to the battery compartment may activate the temperature sensor in the battery compartment. This sensor operates at a temperature of 70 ° C.

Have you checked the bearings of your propellor or motor/gearbox shafts? This is often overlooked, the motor gets overworked then gets hot,activating the thermal sensor. Operation in warmer waters also can be problematic. I doubt the increased capacity is the problem.

The propeller bearings have been replaced, but the motor and gearbox bearings have not.
Certainly, I am diving in the sea of Okinawa, so it may be affected by the water temperature.
Since the battery capacity has been increased, I would like to enable long-distance driving like the AV-2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom