Apollo Bio-Fin Pro/ Tusa Xpert Zoom ---- Size and weight ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyJH42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

Some time soon I'm going to have to replace my Scubapro Twinspeed fins. The mounting lug for the ankle strap on one fin looks like its going to fail.
I was thinking of replacing them with either Apollo Bio-Fin Pro or perhaps some Tusa Xpert Zoom fins.
Anyone know how much these weigh and their length?
The Scubapro fins are size L-XL. They weigh 1.2kg each (2.6lbs) and are 71cm (28ins) long.

Just checking to see if I need to buy a larger suitcase or am into excess weight baggage charges!

Thanks

Andy

My l-xl zooms measure 24 1/2" long and weigh 4lb 1 oz for the pair. I've never had a problem packing in a large suitcase but be aware that they won't lay flat - blade is at an angle compared to foot pocket

Hi

Thanks for the information.
Just checking, you have open foot not closed foot fins ?
I hadn't realised that the Zooms were several inches shorter. I quite like the Twinspeeds in open water but have sometimes had problems when close up to the reef. Not so much manoeuvering around but constantly having to be aware of not clipping things with the fin tips. If the Apollo Bio fins turn out to be the same length as the Twinspeeds I think I'll go for the Zooms.

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom