April 10/11 ... Annapolis/Sea Dragon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myself and two friends had previously signed up with the Sea dragon for the 11th, so we will likely see your group then! I was out last Sunday with them as well (April 4th) and although the vis wasn't great, the dive sites were. We dove two walls and even though the vis was only 15', we were only 5' from the wall, so no problems! Even if it's similar on sunday I don't imagine it will be a big problem.

Last edited:
An interesting week-end. Saturday we spent most of the day in the boiler and engine rooms ... and accommodating a journalist and cameraman from CTV. We turned up on the 6 o'clock news as they interviewed both Howie and one of the homeowners in the ongoing contention over the planned site for the ship.

Sunday's dives were fantastic. We had perfect conditions, both topside and below. For those of you who were concerned about vis ... it was about 30-40 feet on the first dive (Cowen Pt.) and about 25-30 on the second (forget the name of that site). Very little current, and some very nice dives.

I'll download my pictures and post a couple later this evening.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The second site was called Worlcombe Island - a few of us spotted and were spotted by, some Steller sea lions at the beginning of the dive!

Yes, and when Cheng and I surfaced we noticed the boat heading out away from the dive site to retrieve some "divers" who appeared to be thrashing about pretty far away from the wall. Those "divers" turned out to be a couple of sea lions who were, well ... um ... suffice it to say they didn't wish to be interrupted ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some pics from yesterday's dives ...

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom