April 28-29 dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Seattle late this month and have the opportunity to take some time to dive on a Friday and Saturday.

Can anyone recommend good dive ops or sites? I expect to have a car and be mobile and intend to pack my drysuit.

Alki Cove 2 is always a winner. Lots of life and the vis recently has been supurb. A couple of big GOPS are hanging around and on eggs. Went on 4/2/06 and had a incrediable dive. Did find a dying GOP that day as well... a sad event.

Edmound is a great dive, not too deep, but a bunch of life. There are always a bunch of hooded nudies in the ell grass. If you go, give the ling and cabazones a wide birth. Some are still on egg and can get agressive.

Redondo beech is a great dive as well. No natural formations, but lots of stuff has been set up to attract life. A night dive there will yeald some small red octos and shaggy mouse nudie's.

These 3 sited are easily reachable with a 20-30 minute drive from Seattle. They are shore dive and well worth you time.

Here are a couple of things you could see at alki

Let us know what kind of diving you would like to do and we can hook you up.
Are you diving wet or dry? What is your experiance level? I am sure we can get you one good day of diving in. Just let us know what you would like to do and see and we can make it happen.
K

My experience level is posted on my profile. Most recent divers were in late December on the Speigel Grove in Florida.

I'll be diving dry and am trying to find time for a quarry dive between now and the end of the month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom