Aqua Cat out of Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Boy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just got back from a 7 day live aboard trip on the Aqua Cat. I wold like to let anyone considering this outfit that it is a joy and I would not hesitate to go back.

They food is wonderful, the crew is helpful and very respectful. There is ample room on the ship to move around and you don't feel crowded.

We dove about 4 times a day along with the option of a night dive. They take you on a nice variety of dive sites, ranging from deep walls to shallow reefs.

You can read more about them on their website if you have questions pertaining to cost and their opperations.

Cheers! Aqua Cat Day 2 064 (2).jpgAqua Cat Day 1 085.jpg

Thanks for the report, I have a trip booked in April.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Some basic questions:

1.) What were the water temp.s running this time of year?

2.) Did most of the divers act as a group and 'follow the leader' after a dive guide, as is often the case with Caribbean charter boat trips, or did most hit the water and to their own thing, which is more like what I've heard is the case off California and the Flower Gardens?

3.) I assume 80 cf aluminum was the largest tank you could get? If not, what was?

Richard.

The water temp was between 72 and 74 degrees. We wore a 5mm suit and were very comfortable. You can dive on your own, or request to dive with one of the 4 dive masters, your choice. You had several choices of tank sizes. I don't recall the size, but there were at least 3.

They have Al 100s.

I am curious as to the quality of the dives. I have heard very nice things about the Aquacat, but some trip reports have noted that the dive sites have gone downhill considerably in recent years, including coral dying off and algae coating the reefs. What was your impression regarding the health of the reefs?

Thanks.

Since I have not been to the Bahamas before, I dont know what they use to look like. I can say, that I thought the reefs looked fine and I took hundreds of pictures of them and was impressed with their color. (see my first thread with 2 of them).

As I mentioned earlier, I would like to go back since I enjoyed it so much.

Anybody going on the Aquacat 2/16? A bunch of us are traveling with Giant Stride Dive Shop of Warwick, RI. Wonder who else will be aboard!

Hi Scubagirlblues,
Myself and my wife are booked on the trip that week. I am an Instructor and my wife snorkels. Have dove in the Bahamas before but never on the Aquacat. Have heard nothing but good things about the trip and really looking forward to it!
Ken

Back
Top Bottom