Aqua Lung i750T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice guys. After seeing some videos on Youtube, the Perdix doesn't look as big and bulky as I initially though. Gonna pull the trigger on that bad boy.

Avoid at all costs - No use in a sunny climate - Poor battery performance

I just came back from a Live-a-Board in Egypt and this computer was utterly useless :( Day 1, dive 1 - Battery warning! I have had the watch 4 months but only used it for 5 short dives (Stoney Cove). I changed out the battery to a new one that I had taken and it lasted a further 5 days until it again flashed up battery warning! I had done 18 dives by this point.

The battery problem was nothing compared to the functionality... At anything above 10M depth it was impossible to see the screen! I verified this with each buddy I dived with including the dive shop owner who sold me the watch! The screen looks great if you're in Stoney or on a night dive but in the sunshine it is impossible to read, when I returned to the boat I could not give my time and depth until I had gotten changed and gone into a room!

I contacted Aqua Lung who were immediately apologetic and advised me that it is not the best computer to have if you're travelling to sunny countries! They offered me a replacement i450t but as I pointed out - I paid more for the i750 so I should maybe be compensated more... they left me hanging for a day and then informed me that they could no longer offer me the i450 and that I would have to return it to my local dive shop... The local dive shop informed me that the price of the i750 is now lower than the i450 and so I would have to put some money towards it!!! The saga continues... As for the battery performance - This is unfortunately what you get if you want the OLED screen - I never used the Bluetooth functionality I'd imagine it would half the battery life again! All my kit is Aqua Lung / Apeks - And it's the last time I line their pockets, one very unsatisfied customer :(

The AL i750tc is $599 at LP right now. Transmitter is not on sale, just the computer. I picked one up but can't really give you a fair assessment cuz I haven't had it long but so far so good....It was time my eyes had bigger numbers to look at...

I own the i750 and the perdix AI, there is no comparison in my opinion..the perdix is a better computer for my needs hands down.
The i750 battery life is terrible, you can't read it in the sun and it's not that bright underwater, buttons are tiny and hard to operate with thick gloves and navigating though the settings and screens is a pain. The perdix is the opposite of all of those.
I'm know I'm echoing a bunch of others but I've used both so figured I'd weigh in!
Dive safe!

I ended up getting the Perdix AI and have been diving it since last fall. Can't say enough good things about it.

Back
Top Bottom