Closed Aqua Lung Mikron Regulator w/Octo $350

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been picking mine up off ebay over the past 6 months or so. Still hoping for a Sea Hornet brand Command Air and specially would be excited to find a Sea Hornet B-Commander (unlikely but looking).

My interest was inspired by this thread. Fibonacci helped me sort my first one (the Parkway Nova), turns out someone had installed an incorrect second stage spring but I did not know enough about the regulator to realize what the problem was.

1aCA.jpg

I'll look for one, any direction?
Sea Hornet service parts have been virtually unavailable in AU for 20 years, so sadly a lot just got binned unless the owner had some kits stockpiled. Like Scubapro MK5/10 you can resurface the HP seat once but its really a stop gap measure.
I've had new HP seats CNC machined from the correct grade of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UWMWPE) just like the originals. When combined with a new LP mainspring they really perform, due to lack of parts many were fitted with incorrect springs over the years... and definitely won't crack at 0.5" like @Kupu discovered :(

So eBay, scrounging other auction sites or local 'trash and treasure' markets is probably best, very occasionally a NIB DIN version will surface, they were never very popular in Australia back in the 1980's and so probably sat up the back of a dive shop since new.

I'll keep an eye out for you... but only one run of B-Commanders were ever made for the Royal Australian Navy, and are rare... even back in the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom