Aqua Lung Won't Provide Documentation for Discontinued BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdavo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I contacted Aqua Lung this morning to request a product / owner's manual for my Aqua Lung Malibu RDS BCD. They informed me that they do not provide documentation for discontinued products. I'm a bit disappointed with this level of product support.

Does anyone have a copy of the product / owner's manual I'm looking for, or know where I could find one?

Try Divestock - they have some BC manuals online. No idea if yours is one of them.

Try Divestock - they have some BC manuals online. No idea if yours is one of them.

Thanks for the suggestion. Divestock has a spare parts book that covers my BCD - no owner's manual, though.

what do you need the manual for?

I'm hoping it includes some information about maintenance of the inflator and dump valves. I would like to disassemble, clean, and reassemble the inflator and shoulder dump valve. Some pieces of both are a little crusty and the action isn't as smooth as I would like.

Attachments

• 20180711_075616.jpg
    20180711_075616.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 62
I can tell you what my Aqualung Dimension manual says about maintaining the inflator valve - which looks exactly the same - but I don't think you'll like the answer:

"DO NOT attempt to perform any disassembly or overhaul service of your BC. Doing so may
cause the BC to dangerously malfunction and will render the warranty null and void. All service
must be performed by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer or Distributor."

You're looking for a maintenance manual which I believe Aqualung only makes available to Authorized Dealers.

I would be very surprised if any manufacturer would suggest DIY on any of their products.
It is always "authorized dealer or distributor".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom