Aqua Safari?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basscat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hoping to go back to Cozumel in July. I've enjoyed my previous stays at SCC, but would like to try a non a/i stay in town. Aqua Safari has some attractively priced packages at both Safari Inn and Suites Bahia. Not looking for fancy digs, but I need my wi-fi. Anyone have any experiences with the dive op or either of the Hotels? Thanks for any help!
Chris

We have been to cozumel several times and dove each time with different operators, but still my favorite has been with aqua safari. we stayed next door at vista del mar, it was great to get back from a day of diving and hang out on our balcony and watch the cruisers drift by. safari inn was nice also especially if your looking for economy. you really don't need a car except for east side excursions since you really are right downtown. everybody has thier own favorites but as far as aquasafari they were great in my book. in fact we will be diving with them this weds. weather permitting and the rest of the week with dive with martin for the first the first time.

Everytime I visit Coz, dive with Aqua Safari, nice DMs there.
Safari Inn and Suites Bahia are cheep and nice hotel, however wifi is not available.
Have a nice days in Coz!

Safari Inn has free wifi. Suites Bahia has a public computer in the lobby. There's also free wifi at El Coffee across the street from Suites Bahia.

I've stayed at both places and they're both fine. Safari Inn is basic and comfortable with great AC. Suites Bahia has in-room kitchenettes (fridge, burner, some plates & utensils & sink), a microwave in the lobby for guests, and serves a continental breakfast but there's no way I'd stay in one of the dark, standard rooms -- upgrade to balcony room if possible.

Have 100's of dives with Aqua Safari on both their large & fast boats. Love the relaxed style, very experienced DM's who all love diving as much or more than their customers, and the owner's attention to every detail and his concern that every one of his divers has a good time. That $12 third tank ain't too shabby, either!

Last edited:
I can't say a bad thing about Aqua Safari or their staff, very safe and professional. I dive with a different shop now, but that is not because of anything Aqua Safari did wrong.

Safari Inn is very clean with no frills. I found the beds to be comfortable and even enjoyed the fact that there was no TV. The location is great and convenient. Great dive op - I love the fast boat - and their prices are very reasonable.

Thanks for the info, think I'll be putting a plan together soon and going on my Safari in late July :)
Appreciate the help.
Chris

We just returned for Coz. Stayed at Vista Del Mar Hotel very clean and WI-FI in the little lobby right outside your room. Aqua Safari is right next door, thier dock is across the street.
Great prices and very clean basic rooms. we paid 95.00 per night ocean front room.
Besure and ask for the wi-fi code so you can login to thier wirerless network.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom